The mission of the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers Board is to actively promote and protect the health of the citizens of Ohio through effective regulation of the professions of occupational therapy, physical therapy, and athletic training.
Goals to achieve this mission include:
- Ensuring that individuals practicing occupational therapy, physical therapy, and athletic training meet sufficient standards of education, training, competence, and ethics, as defined in the laws and rules governing the profession.
- Investigate and discipline licensees whose practice falls below the minimal standards of care.
- Define and advocate for standards of safe OT, PT, AT practice, and ensure that the laws and rules governing the practice accurately reflect current standards.
- Provide information about the licensees of the OT PT AT Board, the Board’s functions and operations, and the laws governing the practice of OT, PT, and AT.
- Achieve and maintain the highest possible levels of organizational efficiency.